Are you craving chocolate, but don’t have time to whip up something yummy? 15 minutes is all that is needed to prepare, this decadent, creamy Honey Almond Fudge. There are only six ingredients, and no candy thermometer is needed. In fact, no stove is needed; the “cooking” is done in the microwave. Unlike traditional fudge, there is no danger of sugar crystals forming or a failure due to weather. It is truly the easiest fudge to make; even kids can do it.
Tips for Success:
- For those who’d rather not use the microwave, the ingredients can be melted in a double boiler over hot water – not quite as fast, but with the same results.
- The toasted almonds may be omitted for plain creamy fudge.
- Almond butter is readily available at health food stores, large grocery stores, and warehouse stores. If it isn’t available, peanut butter is an acceptable substitute.
- Measuring the honey and the almond butter is much easier with an adjustable measuring cup. For those who don’t own one and want to, one can be ordered from the Amazon link at the bottom of this article.
Honey Almond Fudge freezes well, so it can be made well ahead of the holidays; it will be a big hit on holiday buffets and candy trays. The only problem will be that if someone discovers it in the freezer, it will be devoured long before the holiday arrives.
48 – 64 pieces depending on size
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup almond butter
3/4 cup toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Spray an 8 x 8" pan with non-stick spray; line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the honey, butter, and chocolate chips in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the butter is melted.
- Stir until smooth.
- Add the almond extract and whisk in the nut butter, whisking until smooth.
- Stir in the toasted almonds.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, smooth out the top, and refrigerate until firm.
- Cut into 64 squares (8 across and 8 down) or 48 squares (6 across and 8 down).
- May be stored in the refrigerator in a covered container for several weeks, or frozen for months.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 89 Calories from Fat 55
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 62% Protein 8% Carb. 29%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 6 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 3 mg
Sodium 10 mg
Total Carbohydrate 6 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Purchase an adjustable measuring cup from Amazon:
Wonder Cup Two Cup Adjustable Measuring Cup
Milmour 1-Cup Adjustable Wonder Cup
KitchenArt Pro 2 Cup Adjust-A-Cup, Champagne Satin Finish