Classic Kid-Friendly Halloween Films
1. "I Married A Witch" (1942) starring Veronica Lake and Frederic March. This film is about a witch named "Jennifer" (Lake), who placed a love curse on the descendants of the Wooley family. Two-hundred years later, "Jennifer" has returned with her father, bent on furthering the curse by making one of the Wooley's falling in love with her. But what if she falls in love with him instead? This is an innocent film the whole family can enjoy!
2. "E.T." (1982) Directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Drew Barrymore, Henry Thomas, and Robert MacNaughton. When a cute alien by the name of "ET" is stranded on Earth, he is found by a group of neighborhood kids who want to help him get back home.
3. "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" (1971) In England, during World War II, "Miss Price" (Angela Lansbury), who is an apprentice witch, is put in charge of three young children. It is through a series of adventures that they realize Miss. Price's gift for magic can in fact help the War Effort.
4. "The Wizard of Oz" (1939) Dorothy Gale is always getting in the way of her family and hates her hum-drum life in Kansas longs to be "somewhere over the rainbow." But when a "twister" takes her to the magical land of Oz, Dorothy wants to go home. Only the Wicked Witch of the West can stop her, but it's Dorothy's newly found friends, "The Scarecrow", "The Tin Man" and "The Cowardly Lion" that can help her defeat the Witch and get to the Wizard who can take her home.
5. "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" (1966). This is a classic Halloween film that should be a traditional viewing for every family. As most of the Peanut gang celebrate Halloween with "tricks or treats," Linus waits for "The Great Pumpkin" in the pumpkin patch to bring him presents. The Charlie Brown gang doesn't believe him, but Sally does. Is Linus right? Will "The Great Pumpkin" show himself at midnight?
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
I Married A Witch
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Amber Grey. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Amber Grey. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.