Crispy Buttery Caramel Corn Recipe
About 16 1 cup Servings
3 1/2 quarts plain popped popcorn
1 cup cocktail peanuts (optional)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 250°.
- Line an 11 x 17" jellyroll pan with parchment, or spray with non-stick spray.
- Spray a large bowl with non-stick spray (a giant plastic Tupperware bowl is ideal); add the popcorn and peanuts to the bowl and stir to mix.
- Mix the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Cover the pan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- When the mixture boils, uncover and wash down the sides with a pastry brush and water.
- Let the mixture boil undisturbed 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and soda (the mixture will foam up).
- Immediately pour the mixture over the popcorn mixture and stir until well-coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared jellyroll pan.
- Separate the kernels as best you can.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, or until crisp.
- When cool, separate the kernels if some are still sticking together, and store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 171 Calories from Fat 94
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 55% Protein 7% Carb. 38%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 10 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 153 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 4%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.