Recipe for Christmas Mint Meltaways
With only four ingredients, these cookies are quick and easy. Mint Meltaways can be shaped in several ways. They can be scooped into balls and flattened, or the dough can be rolled to 1/4” thickness and cut into tiny Christmas shapes. For cooks in a real hurry, the dough can be spread on an 11 x 17” jelly-roll pan and cut into squares as soon as they are removed from the oven.
8 dozen 1” cookies
1 cup butter mints (pink, green, and white if possible)
1 cup butter, (no substitutions)
2 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
- Place the mints in the food processor and process until very fine.
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl until very light.
- Add the finely ground mints and beat until fluffy.
- With the motor running on low speed, mix in the flour until well-incorporated.
- Cover the dough and chill 1 hour (or put in the freezer for 15 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Scoop teaspoonful size pieces of dough and roll into balls.
- Place the balls 1” apart on parchment-lined (or greased) baking sheets.
- Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass dipped in the 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until bottoms are pale golden brown. Do not overbake.
- Transfer the baked cookies to cooling racks.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 30 Calories from Fat 17
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 55% Protein 4% Carb. 41%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 19 mg
Total Carbohydrate 3 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
You Should Also Read:
Lots of Christmas Cookie Recipes
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.