It’s always nice to offer a choice when it comes to dessert. The problem is that with busy lifestyles, few have time to prepare multiple recipes. These Fudge Bars with Two Toppings solve that problem because half of them are topped with a decadent Fudge Frosting and the other half are topped with a rich Coconut Almond Topping. With these dense fudgy bars, the only difficulty will be deciding which of the two to eat first.
Both the Fudge Frosting and Coconut Almond Topping are fast and easy, but if time is short, you may substitute a high quality canned fudge frosting for the homemade Fudge Frosting. Even though the canned variety doesn’t contain real butter, it’s extra creamy and quite good, especially when you’re in a hurry. I wouldn’t recommend using the canned variety of Coconut Almond frosting; the lack of real butter is very obvious, and it doesn’t contain near enough coconut or nuts.
Fudge Bars with 2 Toppings
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
4 eggs, separated
3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup milk
2 cups flour
2 cups Fudge Frosting
4 cups Coconut Almond Topping (Use the almond variation)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Line a 12 x 17" jellyroll pan with parchment or grease and flour. Set aside.
- Cream the sugar and butter; add the egg yolks and mix well.
- Mix in the chocolate until smooth, then add the milk and flour and beat until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Fold them into the chocolate mixture, being careful not to deflate them.
- Spread the batter evenly on the prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let sit 5 minutes, then spread the chocolate frosting on one side and the almond pecan frosting on the other.
- Cool thoroughly before cutting into 48 bars
Amount Per Serving
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 64
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 4% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 29 mg
Sodium 69 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 13 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%