Still have zucchini in the garden, in the refrigerator crisper, and on the kitchen counters? This moist and delicious Slow Cooker Zucchini Cake with Caramel Sauce is a great choice to use it up. Not only is it quick and easy to mix; it bakes in the slow cooker in 2 to 2 1/2 hours relatively quick for a slow cooker. Not only is it easy and quick, this delicious cake is good served warm or at room temperature, and is actually pretty enough for company.
1/3 cup softened butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 pound zucchini, shredded (about 2 cups)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup whole pecans
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- Cake: Spray the crock of a 3-4 quart slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and egg in the mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Mi in the buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix well on low speed, then stir in the zucchini.
- Spread the batter evenly in the slow cooker and turn it on high.
- Sprinkle the batter evenly with the coconut and pecans.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook for 2-2 1/2 hours or until set in the middle.
- Remove the lid and let sit for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the outside of the cake, invert onto a rack, and invert from the rack onto a serving platter.
- Sauce: Mix the butter and brown sugar in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave 1 1/2 minutes or until bubbling.
- Stir in the whipping cream and microwave another minute or so until the mixture boils and the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Stir well and add the vanilla.
- To serve: place squares of the cake on serving plates, top with the warm sauce, and add whipped cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 215
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 58% Protein 4% Carb. 39%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 74 mg
Sodium 306 mg
Total Carbohydrate 36 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 7%