Thanksgiving Pie Recipes
Honey Crunch Pecan Pie - use an unbaked pie shell
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup light corn syrup
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1 (9-inch) pie shell, unbaked
1/3 cup brown sugar
3 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons honey
1 ½ cups pecan halves
1. In a large bowl, combine eggs and add the next 6 ingredients. Mix well, and fold in the 1 cup chopped pecans.
2. Pour into the unbaked pie shell.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes.
4. On the stove over medium heat, cook the remaining ingredients, except the pecan halves, until the sugar dissolves.
5. Stir in the pecan halves.
6. Add to the top of the pie and bake for 10 more minutes.
Yield: One pie perfect for Thanksgiving dinner.
This is good served either warm or chilled. Top with whipping cream or vanilla bean ice-cream.
Five Layer Pie - use a baked and cooled pie shell
2 eggs, separated
½ teaspoon vinegar
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla, divided
¾ cup sugar, divided
1 (9-inch) pie shell, baked, cooled
1 (6-ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
¼ cup water
1 cup whipping cream
1. Separate the eggs and set the yolks aside.
2. Combine the egg whites, vinegar, salt and ½ teaspoon vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add ½ cup sugar and beat until still peaks form. Spread the meringue over the bottom and up the sides of the baked a cooled pie shell. Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until light brown. Cool.
3. Melt chocolate chips in the top of a double broiler. Blend in reserved egg yolks and water, stirring until smooth. Spread 4 Tablespoons of this mixture over cooled meringue.
4. Chill the remaining chocolate mixture until it begins to thicken.
5. In a mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add ¼ cup sugar and the other ½ teaspoon vanilla, beating it until stiff peaks form.
6. Spread ½ of the whipped cream over the chocolate layer.
7. Fold chilled chocolate mixture into the remaining whipped cream. Spread this over the whipped cream layer in the pie.
8. Chill and keep in the fridge until ready to use.
Yield: One totally delicious pie! Ready for your guests at your Thanksgiving feast.
Enjoy Thanksgiving with family and friends.
A double broiler really helps with this and many, many other recipes.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Launa Stout. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Launa Stout. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Allyson Elizabeth D´Angelo for details.