Un Macaroni and Cheese recipe
No Mac Cheesy Lasagna
Yields 8 servings
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
5 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups grated Colby cheese
1 cup grated sharp cheddar
1 cup sour cream
About 8 ounces grated Parmesan cheese
12-15 lasagna noodles
1. Boil lasagna noodles in salted water. Do not drain or rinse (rinsing
removes natural starches that allow sauce to stick to pasta better). Leave
noodles in the pot of water while is prepared.
2. Make a roux with the butter and flour (in a saucepan over medium heat,
melt butter until it bubbles and then add flour - stir and cook until
mixture is golden brown).
3. Slowly pour milk into the roux while stirring. Continue cooking,
stirring constantly, until the mixture bubbles and becomes thick.
4. Stir in salt, black pepper, shredded Colby and cheddar cheese, reserving a little of the cheddar to sprinkle on top. Stir until cheese is
5. Remove cheese sauce from heat. Fold in sour cream.
6. Coat bottom of casserole dish with cheese sauce. Layer 3-4 lasagna
noodles. Cover with portion of cheese sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
Repeat with lasagna noodle-cheese sauce-Parmesan layers 3-4 more
times. Finish off with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese
7. If lasagna is still hot, just place under broiler until top browns (5-10
minutes). If lasagna has cooled, then bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
until bubbling around edges and browned on top (20-30 minutes).
*Just a few of my favorite add ins, bacon, pepperoni, tomato, olives, tuna (great tuna casserole lasagna), broccoli...you get the point. Only the imagination is the limit. I say create, cook, eat and enjoy.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Gillian Scianna. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Gillian Scianna. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Allyson Elizabeth D´Angelo for details.