Holiday Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
For busy cooks, the pudding can be made a day ahead, wrapped tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerated overnight. To reheat, remove the plastic wrap, cover with foil, and reheat in a 350° oven for about 15 minutes. The 4-ingredient caramel sauce can be made in about 5 minutes in the microwave.
3 cups half and half
1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin, (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
5 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
10 cups cinnamon raisin bread, cut into 1/2" cubes
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Whisk half and half, pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla until well mixed.
- Fold in bread cubes.
- Transfer mixture to an 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish (or 12 small ramekins).
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Bake pumpkin bread pudding about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean (ramekins 20-30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, prepare caramel sauce: Mix the brown sugar and butter in a microwaveable container.
- Microwave 2 minutes.
- Whisk in cream and microwave 2 minutes.
- Stir until sugar dissolves and sauce is smooth.
- Sift powdered sugar over bread pudding.
- Serve warm with caramel sauce.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 554 Calories from Fat 215
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 39% Protein 9% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 145 mg
Sodium 463 mg
Total Carbohydrate 73 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 12 g
Vitamin A 173% Vitamin C 4% Calcium 0% Iron 24%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.