Sour Cream Apple & Cranberry Pie Recipe
Sour Cream Apple and Cranberry Pie
1 9” unbaked pie crust
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
6 medium apples, peeled, cored, & sliced thinly
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup oats
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Press a piece of foil on the inside of the pie crust and bake in a preheated 400° oven for 10 minutes; remove the foil from the crust and set aside.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, mix the sugar and flour; stir in the apples and cranberries.
- Let the mixture sit about 5 minutes or until it begins to look juicy.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave 6 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and stir.
- Stir together the egg and sour cream; mix with the apples.
- Mix the oats, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter until the size of small peas (Don't over mix; it should be crumbly).
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie shell.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the apples. Bake 50-60 minutes or until the top is golden and the apple mixture is bubbly.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 232
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 4% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 26 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 77 mg
Sodium 315 mg
Total Carbohydrate 69 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 15% Calcium 0% Iron 6%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.