It would be unthinkable to serve something other than pie for dessert at Thanksgiving dinner; tradition dictates that its as essential as the turkey. Pumpkin pie is a must, and apple pie runs a close second. Sour Cream Apple and Cranberry Pie is a variation of all-American apple pie; it contains a rich sour cream filling, a few cranberries, and a crisp buttery streusel topping. This delicious pie will draw raves from everyone lucky enough to get a slice.
Sour Cream Apple and Cranberry Pie
1 9 unbaked pie crust
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons flour
6 medium apples, peeled, cored, & sliced thinly
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup oats
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Press a piece of foil on the inside of the pie crust and bake in a preheated 400° oven for 10 minutes; remove the foil from the crust and set aside.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, mix the sugar and flour; stir in the apples and cranberries.
- Let the mixture sit about 5 minutes or until it begins to look juicy.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap.
- Microwave 6 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and stir.
- Stir together the egg and sour cream; mix with the apples.
- Mix the oats, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter until the size of small peas (Don't over mix; it should be crumbly).
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie shell.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture evenly over the apples. Bake 50-60 minutes or until the top is golden and the apple mixture is bubbly.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 232
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 4% Carb. 52%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 26 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Cholesterol 77 mg
Sodium 315 mg
Total Carbohydrate 69 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 15% Calcium 0% Iron 6%