What says Christmas more than oranges and cranberries? Cranberry Orange Drizzles are simple drop cookies with a soft texture that incorporate the flavors of oranges and cranberries to advantage.
Cranberry Orange Drizzles freeze well, so they can be made well ahead of the holidays. They make a great addition to holiday cookie trays or dessert buffets.
Makes 6 dozen cookies
3/4 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
6 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
2 2/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
6 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
2 1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars.
- Mix in the eggs and orange juice concentrate; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, and salt; mix well.
- With the mixer running on medium speed, add the cranberries and pistachio nuts (no need to chop, the mixer will break them up) until well-incorporated.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized balls onto parchment-lined or greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to cooling racks; cool thoroughly.
- Glaze: Place the butter and orange juice concentrate in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave until melted, about 1 minute.
- Place the powdered sugar in a fine strainer and sift it into the butter/orange juice mixture.
- Whisk until smooth and thick enough that the glaze will slowly run off the whisk, adding more powdered sugar if necessary.
- Scrape the mixture into a decorating bag or a baggie with a small hole cut from the corner.
- Drizzle over the cooled cookies.
- Let sit at room temperature until the glaze has set; store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks or freeze for longer storage.
Amount Per Cookie
Calories 91 Calories from Fat 35
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 39% Protein 5% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 14 mg
Sodium 67 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 0% Iron 1%