Recipe for Cranberry Orange Drizzles
Cranberry Orange Drizzles freeze well, so they can be made well ahead of the holidays. They make a great addition to holiday cookie trays or dessert buffets.
Makes 6 dozen cookies
3/4 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
6 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
2 2/3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cloves
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
6 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
2 1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars.
- Mix in the eggs and orange juice concentrate; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cloves, and salt; mix well.
- With the mixer running on medium speed, add the cranberries and pistachio nuts (no need to chop, the mixer will break them up) until well-incorporated.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized balls onto parchment-lined or greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the cookies to cooling racks; cool thoroughly.
- Glaze: Place the butter and orange juice concentrate in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave until melted, about 1 minute.
- Place the powdered sugar in a fine strainer and sift it into the butter/orange juice mixture.
- Whisk until smooth and thick enough that the glaze will slowly run off the whisk, adding more powdered sugar if necessary.
- Scrape the mixture into a decorating bag or a baggie with a small hole cut from the corner.
- Drizzle over the cooled cookies.
- Let sit at room temperature until the glaze has set; store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks or freeze for longer storage.
Amount Per Cookie
Calories 91 Calories from Fat 35
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 39% Protein 5% Carb. 56%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 14 mg
Sodium 67 mg
Total Carbohydrate 13 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.