Orange Slice Oatmeal Jumbles
Another time, substitute red and green gumdrops for the orange slices; the cookies will look very Christmasy.
8 dozen cookies
1/4 cup flour
1 16 oz. can candy orange slices
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon orange extract
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
2 1/2 cups oats
1 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place the 1/4 cup flour in a large bowl.
- Using scissors cut the orange slices in half lengthwise, then into small chunks.
- Place the chunks into the bowl of flour and, coat with the flour. This is easiest when the chunks are coated in small amounts as the chunks are being cut. Take a fist full of chunks and squeeze them in your hands to separate them, then coat them in the flour.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter with the brown and granulated sugars.
- Beat in the eggs, milk, and orange and vanilla extracts.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
- Stir in the oats, coconut, and flour coated orange slice chunks; mix well.
- Scoop tablespoons of dough onto parchment-lined or greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.
- Transfer to cooling racks and cool thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks or freeze for longer storage.
Amount Per Cookie
Calories 69 Calories from Fat 22
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 32% Protein 5% Carb. 63%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 51 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
You Should Also Read:
Holiday Cookie Recipes
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.