Halloween Spelling Ideas
1. Create a Candy- Use your spelling words to create one, two or several new Halloween candies. Draw a picture with each. Your spelling words can be part of the name of the candy, or used in sentences to describe your treats.
2. Feed the Monster- Based on the poem "Feed the Glundersnedd" from poetry4kids.com, decorate your spelling words as food. Draw a picture of the monster and the words he will eat. Write the reasons why you think the monster prefers your spelling words. For example, if your words are toast and little, you might say write:
My monster eats crunchy letters like t,o, and a, but he doesn't like the slimy s! or
My monster eats the word little at the end of his meal, because he uses the l's and t's as toothpicks to clean around his pointy teeth.
3. Draw and decorate a haunted house and write your words throughout it.
4. Write your spelling words in the shape of ghosts!
5. Create a secret spooky message using your words as clues.
6. Write all of your words in black and orange marker or colored pencil.
8. Make up a recipe using your spelling words for a witches brew. Draw your brew too!
9. Write your words in a Halloween themed story.
10. Use orange and black chalk to write your spelling words outside for the trick or treaters to see!
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Alissa Moy. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Alissa Moy. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Denise Oliveri for details.