Guest Author - Victoria
The best man has fourteen responsibilities when he accepts this position. Not to worry, these responsibilities are fairly stress-free, allowing the best man the ability to enjoy your big day as well.
The responsibilities of the best man are:
- host the bachelor party
- attend all pre-wedding parties
- assist groom with wedding and reception arrangements
- make sure the groom’s tux is selected, picked up and returned on schedule
- remind groom of details
- help groom to dress on the morning of the wedding
- hold the bride’s ring during wedding ceremony
- stand near the groom during the wedding ceremony
- distribute payment to wedding officiant, organist, musicians, florist, etc.
- witness the signing of the marriage license (along with maid of honor)
- say the first toast to the newlyweds at the reception
- act as a Master of Ceremonies at reception, if needed.
- provide assistance if necessary throughout the wedding day
- help couple depart from reception in time for honeymoon