Pita Pocket with Grilled Flank Steak
This is a perfect dish for any time of the week. It’s great for dinner or lunch. It’s a quick fix that you will use over and over again. Trust me, it’s that good! Promise!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
1 Flank Steak (1-½ lbs)
1 Green Pepper
1 Yellow Pepper
1 Red Pepper
1 Large Red onion
1 Teaspoon Salt and ¼ Teaspoon Pepper
1 Cup of your favorite bottle of Balsamic Vinaigrette
½ Cup orange juice
1 Teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced (must have)
Gallon size zip baggie
I don’t know about you, but I have quite a few people in my crew!! This will serve between 4-6 people. It depends on you and your company’s appetite. You can always double the recipe.
1. In gallon size baggie, pour in balsamic vinaigrette, orange juice, mince garlic. Add salt, pepper, and ginger
2. Cut steak into 6 pieces, place in marinade. Massage the steak in the marinade before sealing the baggie (1 minute) Seal the baggie and placed in shallow dish. Marinate for at least two hours (best results overnight)
3. Slice peppers and onions into thin strips, set to the side
4. Spray grilling pan with grilling spray. Be sure your heat is at medium-high. Remove steaks from marinade and grill on each side for 6-8 minutes (or to your preferred doneness) Allow steak to rest for at least ten minutes. Set to the side.
5. Toss in onions and peppers, slightly warming through. They should still have a crunch.
6. After ten minutes, slice steaks across the grain.
Serve with warm pita bread.
Here’s a delicious quick sauce:
½ Cup Sour Cream
½ Cup Mayo
¼ Heavy Grain Mustard
¼ Pureed Horseradish
Pinch of salt and pepper
Mix well. Goes great over the steak.
A wonderful side dish to accompany:
Cherry Tomato and Fresh Spinach Salad
2 pints of Cherry tomatoes
2 pounds of fresh Baby Spinach
4 oz of crumbled feta cheese
½ cup of olive oil
½ cup of red wine vinegar
1 clove of garlic, minced
A pinch of salt and pepper
1. Halve tomatoes and rinse and dry spinach
2. Combine oil, vinegar minced garlic, salt and pepper (Best if mixed in a wooded salad bowl; it holds the flavor well)
3. Toss in tomatoes and spinach. Coat well.
4. Add feta over top, lightly tossing.
You Should Also Read:
A Different Twist on Side Dishes
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Ruthe McDonald. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Ruthe McDonald. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Ruthe McDonald for details.