Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Easter Ideas for Homeschoolers
Celebrate the Easter Season with your homeschooler and learn along the way!
Here are fabulous and educational ideas for you and your homeschool crew:
1. Bunny Origami- Follow the link at this article's end to try some fun folding. Your homeschooler will enjoy making a rabbit using a few key folds and origami technique.
2. Beatrix Potter is a classic and beloved author of the Peter Rabbit stories, amongst many others. Check out her books, like Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales, The Tale of Johnny Town-Mouse, The Tale of Samuel Whiskers - The Roly-Poly Pudding, Peter Rabbit's Giant Storybook and other educational resources. Her website, is listed at the end of this article offers simple and entertaining games and activities that every child will love.
3. Remember the meaning of Easter and the Lenten Season by completing a Resurrection Lapbook with your child. You can find the link to this inspirational project at the end of this article, offered from lapbook Lessons. The links, ideas and templates are a blessing to be free!
4. Incorporate Easter and Spring themed words into your spelling and vocabulary lessons.
Ideas for words are as follows-
5. Try an Egg Drop Experiment! Visit Steve Spangler online at: www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/00000084
This cool eggsperiment is fun for kids of all ages, with supervision, of course.
6. Have an Easter egg hunt and put a variety of age appropraite Math problems in each egg. Once your children solve the problem he or she can search for more eggs. You can even do this in a scavenger hunt fashion. Either way, be sure to offer a small Easter basket of treats for completion of this egg hunt for your homeschooler.
7. Have an Easter egg roll for P.E.! First, designate a start and stop point anywhere from 5 to 12 feet apart. Using a hard boiled egg have the children go down on their hands and knees. Then the children must roll the egg across the floor using only their noses. The first one to the finish line without touching the egg with their hands is the champion nose roller.
8. Create a bunny collage with your preschool/kindergarten homeschooler! Visit the article on my BellaOnline Preschool site here:
You will find comprehensive directions and ideas for this creative craft activity.
9. Check into your local town or area for Easter related activities. Many cities offer free egg hunts, library storytimes, Easter Bunny greetings and more. Be sure to check with your local craft store for free projects they may offer in April, as well as springtime events.
10. Get active and do The Bunny Hop with your children! The site below is a safe, government address for words, directions and the traditional song. Enjoy!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2013 by Alissa Moy. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Alissa Moy. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Alissa Moy for details.
Website copyright © 2013 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.