Simple Clutter Clearing Tips
Here are ten of my favorite simple clutter clearing and organizing tips that I have collected from my clients and from professional organizer colleagues. These tips range from organizing closets, to getting rid of books, to handling paper clutter, and everything in between.
1. Place one piece of old clothing, one unneeded book, and other items in a bag in the trunk of your car each morning. At the end of the month you'll have 30 items to take to your favorite charity or nonprofit.
2. Never leave a room without picking up something that belongs in another one.
3. If I don't use it, lose it. Go through your closet at the end of each season, and if you find something you haven't worn, donate it or list it on online auction or sale sites.
4. Get in the habit of scanning photos, put the images on a disk, and then get rid of the old photos.
5. Follow the rule of "one in - one out.” That is, nothing new comes in until you make room for it by getting rid of something. After all, the less you have, the less you have to clean.
6. Set up a three-ring binder with a colorful pocketed divider for each month, then place tickets, reservations, meeting reminders, medical appointment cards, etc. into each month's pocket, instead of jumbling them together.
7. Check your office bulletin board for any old phone lists, outdated memos, or restaurant menus; rearrange what’s left so that the information you need to use the most often is in the spot where it is the easiest to see.
8. Empty your e-mail trash folder before you leave your office or shut down your computer for the night, so you can start the next day with fresh energy when you check e-mail.
9. Get rid of everything that reminds you of how much weight you’ve gained or lost.
10. Take digital photos of your child’s artwork and school projects instead of saving every thing that comes home, then turn them into greeting cards, stickers, postcards, etc., so you can continue to appreciate your child’s creativity.
Want more free Feng Shui tips? Click here to sign up for my free monthly e-newsletter, the Feng Shui For Real Life E-zine
Join my Feng Shui For Real Life page on Facebook where I post advice, tips, articles, and other Feng Shui information. Click here to link to www.Facebook.com/FengShuiForRealLife.
This site needs an editor - click to learn more!
You Should Also Read:
Five Step Clutter Clearing
Fable of the Magic Red Geranium
Conquering Office Clutter
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Carol M. Olmstead. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Carol M. Olmstead. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact BellaOnline Administration for details.