Recipe for Hazelnut Sandies
For Christmas, these cookies can be made festive by using red or green sugar to flatten them.
8 dozen cookies
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup cold butter
1 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
4 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup hazelnuts, toasted, husked, and coarsely chopped
Sugar or red and green colored sugar for holiday time
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In large bowl, cream the granulated sugar, powdered sugar, butter, oil, vanilla, orange peel, and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Stir in the hazelnuts.
- Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough, roll into balls, and place on parchment-lined or greased baking sheets.
- If dough is too soft to roll, refrigerate until firm enough to shape.
- Dip the bottom of a glass in sugar and press each cookie, flattening slightly.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer to cooling racks to cool thoroughly.
- Store in an airtight container up to 3 weeks, or freeze for longer storage.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 82 Calories from Fat 46
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 56% Protein 4% Carb. 40%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 10 mg
Sodium 56 mg
Total Carbohydrate 8 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Purchase a cookie scoop from Amazon:
Oxo Good Grips Cookie Scoop
Wilton Red Cookie Scoop
Fox Run Stainless Steel 1-1/8-Inch Ice Cream/Cookie Dough Scoop
Fox Run Stainless Steel 1-5/8-Inch Ice Cream/Cookie Dough Scoop
Fox Run Stainless Steel 1-3/8-Inch Ice Cream/Cookie Dough Scoop
You Should Also Read:
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.