Recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Drops
This recipe for No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies is quite versatile; creamy or chunky peanut butter can be used, depending on preference. For those who like a lot of extra crunch, 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped peanuts can be folded in. Chocoholics will want to use the greater amount of cocoa, and those who like a milder chocolate flavor can use the minimum amount called for. No matter which variations are used, these will become the favorite of quick cookies for kids and adults alike. They’re also a good choice for cookie trays.
Makes about 40 walnut-size cookies
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/3 to 1/2 cup cocoa
1 pinch salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups quick cooking rolled oats
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper; set aside.
- Mix the butter, evaporated milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, cocoa, and salt in a saucepan; cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring once or twice.
- When the mixture boils, remove the lid, stir well, and let boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Add the oats and stir until they are well-coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Using a tablespoon-sized scoop, scoop balls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Let the cookies sit at room temperature until set (10-15 minutes).
- Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 95 Calories from Fat 42
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 44% Protein 9% Carb. 47%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 7 mg
Sodium 93 mg
Total Carbohydrate 11 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.