Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Subscribe to the Fiction Writing Newsletter
Thank you for your interest in the Fiction Writing newsletter at BellaOnline.com. This free newsletter is emailed to you once a week to keep you updated on new articles, which cover the following topics.
- Career information: writing blurbs and synopses, obtaining an agent, working with your editor, and promoting your fiction. The pros and cons of self-publishing and everything you need to know to do it, such as formatting, cover art, and distribution.
- Financial and legal subjects: advances, royalties, contracts, copyright, and plagiarism.
- Writing technique: creating unforgettable characters, plotting with outlines or spontaneously, and how to work with variables such as tension, pacing, conflict, dialog, foreshadowing, and flashbacks.
- Fiction genres such as romance, science fiction, fantasy, mystery, historical, and horror and how they contrast with the so-called “mainstream” fiction. Genres can be combined to great effect once you are familiar with their requirements.
- Issues involved with the fiction writing life such as reviews and reviewers, reader indifference, writer’s block, negative emotions such as fear and envy, how to start and maintain one’s website and blog, and what to expect when attending writing conferences.
The Fiction Writing newsletter is designed with utmost simplicity for busy people such as yourself. Its text-only format makes it easy to read on your cell phone or PDA. Once you open the newsletter, you decide based on the article title and short description whether to click the link and read it at the Fiction Writing site. You can also forward the newsletter to friends and family because we all love free knowledge.
Meanwhile, we all hate spam. Let me reassure you that BellaOnline.com will never share your email or use it to send you anything except the newsletter you want to receive. At any time, you can cancel your subscription by clicking the unsubscribe link included with each newsletter.
To subscribe to the Fiction Writing newsletter, enter your email address in the sign-up box. To confirm your subscription, you will need to type your email address on a second page. Then you should receive an email, informing you that you are successfully subscribed. Please make sure that your anti-spam filters allow email that comes from the BellaOnline.com server. Thank you very much for reading!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2014 by Val Kovalin. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Val Kovalin. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Val Kovalin for details.
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.