Make a Birthday Box
• Box – with a lid
• Birthday wrapping paper
• Books about birthdays
• Real birthday candles
• Birthday decorations such as plates, cups, napkins, banners, hats, party noise makers
• Paper, folded in half (to make birthday cards)
What to do:
1. Wrap the box and the lid separately with the birthday wrapping paper
2. Put the books about birthdays inside the box
3. Put playdough, birthday candles, decorations, folded paper and crayons inside the box
4. As soon as you have the box ready show it to your children and explain that this will help to celebrate birthdays by reading books about birthdays, making cards, baking a pretend playdough cake and singing “Happy Birthday” to the birthday boy or girl
5. Use the box whenever someone has a birthday – make sure that you do it for each child so that they all have a special day.
Good birthday books:
Happy Birthday to You!
The Night Before My Birthday
Curious George and the Birthday Surprise
Little Miss Birthday (Mr. Men and Little Miss)
How Do Dinosaurs Say Happy Birthday?
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Launa Stout. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Launa Stout. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Launa Stout for details.