Trick, Treat and Safety
1. For those of you who are using the old pillowcase; have your daughter use a loot bag instead. Allowing one piece for dessert with a healthy meal.
2. To promote neighborhood nutrition, consider giving out stickers, small toys, pretzels, and popcorn balls.
3. Instead of trick-or-treating you could invite your daughter’s friends over for a party. This is a good opportunity for you to create a safe environment and promote healthier eating. You could serve spooky shaped cookies and jell-o treats. You could also serve popcorn balls, carrot sticks and apple bites with frosting teeth.
4. You could spend time together making a costume including old costume jewelry and clothes you no longer wear. You could also spend time visiting the mall for trick-or-treating. In addition you could contact her friends parent’s and suggest you visit each other for costume show and receiving treats for the night.
5. For safety you could also host scary movie night at your house; you could invite her closest friends, rent family related scary movies, provide the popcorn, and a few spooky shaped treats to top the night off. In addition to scary movie night you could host a costume show off and present small scary toys for prizes and award a participation prize to all participants.
In closing out fall activities and Halloween entertainment - you could lead by example and focus on visiting with friends and family as well as costume making, instead of candy or treats.
This is also the time of the year to enjoy all that fall has to offer for closing out the season. Enjoy going to cider mills for donuts and hot cider; take in a tour of parks to look at the every changing colors of different leaves; and let’s not forget how farms will offer occasional hay rides with cider and apples.
For a healthier and safer Halloween I encourage you to focus on the fall activities. And if you must go trick-or treating use extreme caution while walking. You must wear some form of night gear so that people can see you while crossing. This is also the time when predators take a front seat in crime.
Please check all candy and in the instance of any real concern your local police department will be available to check all treat bags.
Live, Laugh and Love
“Making a difference in the world one person at a time”
You Should Also Read:
Halloween, Autumn Feast, Goodbye-to-Fall
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Tuculia Washington. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Tuculia Washington. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Tuculia Washington for details.