Risotto with Mushrooms Recipe
A little trivia note to share is that risotto is one of the "good luck" dishes included in the Italian New Year's Eve dinner menu as primo piatto, the first course; with the round shape of its grains, rice represents in fact money and coins, and it is a symbol of abundance in general in many cultures - including in Italy
Ingredients and instructions (serves 6):
- 1 1/2 cups of Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 6 cups chicken of broth
- 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound/450 grams of Portobello mushrooms
- 1 pound/450 grams of white mushrooms
- 2 shallots
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In order to preserve their flavor, do not wash the mushrooms in water, but clean them using a small brush first and then wiping them gently with a slightly wet cloth. Remove any roots and slice the mushrooms thinly.
- Clean and dice the shallots, finely chop the garlic and the parsley.
- In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
- In a large saucepan warm 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes. Add chopped garlic and parsley and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender and start turning golden brown, but watching not to burn the garlic. Transfer the mushrooms and their liquid to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, the shallots and cook for about 1 minute. Add the rice, stir to coat evenly with the oil and cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes to toast the rice. When the rice is lightly golden in color, pour in the wine and stir continuously until the wine is completely absorbed.
- Add 1/2 cup of broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is fully absorbed. Continue cooking the rice repeating the same procedure, adding 1/2 cup of broth at the time and stirring continuously, until the rice is al dente. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and their liquid, stir, remove the pan from the heat and add butter and parmesan cheese. Stir again, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once.
Simple Delicious Italian Recipe is the perfect cookbook for any Italian food lover.
Buy and download your copy today from the BellaOnline eBook page.
You Should Also Read:
Saffron Risotto alla Milanese Recipe
Risotto With Pumpkin Recipe
Risotto alla Pescatora Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Cinzia Aversa. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Cinzia Aversa. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.