We are given standard warnings about how to avoid the flu or any other virus that might be making the rounds.
- They tell us to avoid large crowds. We don’t know who may be infected.
- They tell us to wash our hands regularly to avoid picking up the germ.
- We are encouraged to be proactive about strengthening our immune system to resist viruses.
- They encourage everyone to get an annual flu vaccination.
It’s easy to miss the first symptom of sickness. It may be a tickle or a cough, aches and pains, or a sore throat. By the time those symptoms occur, it’s too late to remember to wash your hands. The germ has already taken hold.
So, how does this fit into Christian Living?
Sin doesn’t have a season. It is contagious all year round, and is more dangerous than the flu.
The Bible gives us precautions. And like the flu, it’s best to take heed before the symptoms of sin show up.
- Sin is contagious. Who are you hanging around with? Proverbs 13:20-21 warns that associating with fools brings trouble. 1 Corinthians 15:33 says bad company corrupts good character. 2 John 1:10-11 warns us not to listen to anyone who doesn’t teach the truth.
- Are you washing your hands regularly? When you are doing well, when you feel strong, pray. When not doing as well, confess and repent of every sin, small or large. Never stop praying. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) Don’t get tired of doing what is good. (Galatians 6)
- About that immune system: Pray in anticipation of what might come your way. We know there is temptation in this world. Don’t wait to see it before you pray for resistance. Stay alert. The devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (1 Peter 5:8) God provides armor to protect you. Don’t leave home without it. (Ephesians 6:14-18)
- Vaccination. In this world, temptation is inevitable. Sin is inevitable, but we don't have to die from the penalty. We have a Savior who is always with us. Jesus Christ paid for our sin and is now at the right hand of God praying for us. (Romans 8:34. Psalm 14:2-3, Romans 3:10-12)
Find my books on Amazon.
You Should Also Read:
Trash to Treasure
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Lynne Chapman. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Lynne Chapman. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Lynne Chapman for details.