Just Plain Oatmeal Bars Recipe
The allspice is a different flavor, and if you prefer, you can substitute nutmeg or another traditional spice. You can also use English mixed spice if you have it.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
9 tablespoons softened butter, (1 stick plus 1 tablespoon)
2 teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons oats
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 7" x 11" (or 9” x 9”) glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Measure the flour, oatmeal, salt, cinnamon, and allspice into the bowl of a food processor; process until the oats are finely ground.
- Add the brown sugar and pulse until the mixture is well-incorporated.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture holds together.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish and press down; sprinkle with the topping ingredients.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the edges begin to brown and the middle is just set.
- Remove from the oven, let sit 5 minutes, then cut into squares (these bars must be cut while hot). Cool thoroughly.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 77 Calories from Fat 41
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 53% Protein 5% Carb. 43%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 5 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 93 mg
Total Carbohydrate 8 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2022 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.