Italian Sausage Frittata Recipe
This frittata features the homey taste of sweet Italian sausage. It's great for breakfast or supper.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pound mild (sweet) Italian sausage
- 3 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cubed in 1/2" size pieces
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 shallot, diced
- In a small saucepan bring the water to a boil.
- Add the potato to the water and cook for 3-5 minutes, just until they are fork tender.
- Drain in a colander.
- Cut the sausage into 1/2" pieces.
- Cook the sausage pieces over medium-high heat until browned.
- Remove the sausage and add the shallot to the pan. Sauté until golden.
- Add the potatoes and sausage to the pan and and cook for one minute.
- Drain off any remaining fat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, milk, salt, and parsley. Beat well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sausage-potato mixture.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 7 - 9 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the frittata.
- Broil the frittata until the cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Let the frittata set for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve.
You Should Also Read:
Rigatoni With Sausage and Tomato Cream Sauce Recipe
Italian Sausage Stuffing
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.