Vin Chaud - French Mulled Wine Recipe
Mmmmm, this recipe begins by using Beaujolais to create a perfect cold weather treat.
Almost every wine drinking country has its own version of mulled wine. In France is is vin chaud, which features more fruit flavors than other recipes. The addition of cardamom adds a unique taste.
- 2 bottles of Beaujolais
- 1 cup of cassis
- 1 Tbs orange zest
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 whole cardamom pods
- 5 whole cloves
- 6 allspice berries (or 1/2 tsp ground allspice)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Pour the wine and csassis in a large pot.
- Add the orange zest, lemon zest, and all spices.
- Heat the wine until it just begins to simmer.
- Lower the heat and allow to steep with the spices for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve in punch cups or mugs. You may wish to garnish with lemon slices and cinnamon sticks.
You Should Also Read:
Vin Brulè -- Italian Mulled Wine
Cranberry Mulled Wine
Mulled Wine Recipes
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Paula S.W. Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula S.W. Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Peter F May for details.