|Black Forest Cake (no-frills version)|
- 1 box devil´s food cake mix
- 1 box (3 oz.) cherry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (20 oz.) cherry pie filling
- 1 box (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tub (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Bake the cake in a 9" x 13" oblong pan. Cool completely, in the pan, on a wire rack. Stir the cherry gelatin in the boiling water until the gelatin is dissolved. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the cooled cake. Spoon the liquid cherry gelatin over the cake, so it runs down into the holes. Spread the cherry pie filling on top of cake.
Prepare the topping -
Beat the instant pudding mix and milk together. Fold in the thawed whipped topping. Spread the mixture on top of the cake, over the cherry pie filling. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.