Spicy-Sweet Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
|Spicy Sweet Roasted Pumpkin Seeds|
- 2 to 3 cups roasted pumpkin seeds
- 5 T. sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- 1 T. peanut oil
Roast the pumpkin seeds as directed below; set aside. Then... in a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the sugar plus the salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cayenne pepper. Set the spice mixture aside. Heat the peanut oil in a large skillet. Add the roasted pumpkin seeds and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Over medium high heat, cook the pumpkin seeds for about one minute or until the sugar melts and starts to caramelize. Place the pumpkin seeds in a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the spice mixture and toss to coat. Allow the mixture to cool before eating.
To roast pumpkin seeds...
- After removing the stringy membrane surrounding the seeds, place the seeds in a colander and rinse well.
- Spread the seeds on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Drizzle a small amount of vegetable oil or olive oil over the seeds or spray them lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Turn gently to coat the seeds evenly with the oil or spray.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 300° for about 20 minutes, turning the seeds over one time.
Store roasted pumpkin seeds up to one week in an airtight container.
You Should Also Read:
The Home Cooking Recipe Index and Site Map
Fall is for Pumpkins
Dinner in a Pumpkin
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Sandy Moyer. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Sandy Moyer. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact
Allyson Elizabeth D´Angelo