Crab Strata Recipe
A luscious dish that is deceptively easy to make.
- 2 cups of bread cubes
- 8 ounces of crab meat
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 shallot
- 1 cup Provelone cheese, shredded
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- non-stick cooking spray
- Toast the bread cubes in the oven.
- Slice the celery and shallot.
- Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with the cooking spray.
- Arrange the bread crumbs in an even layer over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Mix the crab, celery, and shallot.
- Sprinkle the crab mixture over the bread cubes.
- In a bowl beat the eggs. Whisk in the milk, salt, and Dijon mustard.
- Pour the egg-milk mixture over the crab.
- Sprinkle the cheese over egg-milk mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Note: If using canned crab drain it well before mixing with the celery and shallot.
You Should Also Read:
Onion and Gorgonzola Frittata
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.