Pollo con Patate e Peperoni Recipe
A simple, but flavorful dish with chicken, potatoes, and bell peppers. Great for guests or simple comfort food.
Chicken with Potatoes and Bell Peppers
- 2 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 8 chicken breasts (or assorted chicken pieces), with skin
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch strips
- 8 medium potatoes, quartered (leave skin on)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Place the garlic slices under the skin of the chicken.
- Place chicken, green and red bell pepper, and potatoes in large shallow baking pan, making sure they have plenty of room. Pour oil on top and sprinkle seasonings over chicken and potatoes.
- Make a tent of aluminum foil over the pan.
- Place in the oven and cook at 250 degree to 300 degree Fahrenheit for 45 minutes, or until chicken and potatoes are tender.
- Remove the foil.
- Turn heat to 375 degrees and brown 15 minutes more.
Italian Food Host
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized 3-Quart All-Around Pan
The 3-qt. Braiser is deep enough to hold sizable roasts and cuts of meat and poultry for browning. Lid seals in juices as you continue to slow-cook or simmer, while dome shape adds a little extra room for food and for heat to circulate. Pan has two securely riveted Cool-V handles. Busy cooks will appreciate the way it evenly heats and effortlessly cleans once food is done.Backed by a lifetime warranty, Calphalon's Commercial Hard-Anodized Cookware is made to professional standards, offering the home chef unsurpassed cooking performance and lasting durability. Each piece in the Commercial Hard-Anodized line is made of a heavy-gauge aluminum to distribute heat evenly and eliminate hot spots as you cook. And because it's made entirely of metal, each pan can be used in the oven and under the broiler. Hard-anodizing seals the cooking surface, making it stick-resistant and non-reactive to food. Handles are designed to stay cool on the stovetop and are balanced with such precision that even full pans are easy to manage and carry.
You Should Also Read:
Get Fresh! Italian Cooking
Chicken Breasts With Garlic Recipe
Petti di Pollo alla Bolognese - Chicken Breasts with Prosciutto and Cheese Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2021 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.