Baked Stuffed Peppers Recipe
This classic recipe is perfect for gatherings, because it's naturally vegetarian and quite delicious!
- 1/2 cup long-grain brown rice
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup pignoli (pine nuts)
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp fresh oregano leaves, crumbled
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 large red or green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup sharp provolone cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook the rice according to the directions and drain.
- While the rice is cooking, melt the butter in a small frying pan, over a medium heat. Add in pine nuts, celery, and onion. Cook until the onion is just starting to turn gold. Stir into the rice and mix well.
- Add in eggs, stirring quickly after each addition.
- Add in the remaining spices and seasonings.
- Remove from heat and mix in the provolone cheese.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Place open-end-up in a greased baking dish. Spoon mixture into the peppers (do not over fill).
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top of the peppers.
- Add 1/2 cup of hot water to bottom of dish.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
The Edible Pepper Garden, by Rosalind Creasy
From sweet peppers to four-alarm spicy ones, here are all the essentials on growing your own private pepper garden, including basic gardening tips and mouth-watering recipes for both the hot pepper lover and the faint of heart.
You Should Also Read:
Quick and Easy Italian Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Paula's 4 Pepper Pasta Recipe
Fava Bean Soup Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.