Quick and Easy Italian Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Microwaves aren't just for popcorn! This tasty dish is simple to make. A great recipe for after work, in a small apartment, single person, or couple.
- 2 large, green bell peppers
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef
- 1 6 oz bag microwavable rice (I like Uncle Ben's Ready Rice with long grain and wild rice)
- 1 cup bruschetta topping (or 1 cup mild salsa)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tbs water
- plastic wrap
- Microwave the rice according to directions.
- Wash the peppers.
- Cut off the tops of the peppers and clean out the seeds and membrane.
- Remove the stem from the pepper tops and chop the pepper tops.
- Stand the peppers up in a microwaveable bowl/pan. Add 1 Tbs water to the dish. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Break the ground beef up and place in a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Into the beef mix the rice, chopped bell pepper, and salsa.
- Stuff the peppers with the beef and rice mixture.
- Place the stuffed peppers in the bowl and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes.
Notes: Open up a salad in a bag for a healthy, flavorful meal that didn't take hours to prepare. You can make this dish for company and they will be very impressed. A great first meal to make in your own home.
Even if your cooking for only one or two of you, take advantage of "family" size packages. I purchase large packages of ground beef and divide it into recipe portions. Weigh out the meat, wrap it in cling wrap and then aluminum foil, and mark on the outside what it is and how much it weighs. When you need a 1/3 pound of ground beef, just pull out a packet. Having company? Pull out two or three packets.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
Tupperwave Stack Cooker 6 piece set in Black
Investing in a good set of microwave cookware is important. Few companies have been doing it as well, or as long, as Tupperware. I've had my set for a decade and the pieces are still in good shape. This is an excellent set for any kitchen. I like this stylish black look, you can bring it from the microwave to your table--in front of guests!
You Should Also Read:
Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
Zuppa di Pomodoro — Tomato Soup Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2018 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.