Spaghetti with Shrimp, Tomatoes, and Capers Recipe
Try this flavorful dish, that's easy to prepare.
(Spaghetti with Shrimp, Tomatoes, and Capers)
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced lengthwise
1 lb. fresh, ripe plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced into 1/2" pieces
1/2 tsp chopped fresh oregano (you can substitute 1/4 tsp dried)
1 1/2 Tbs capers
3/4 lb fresh medium shrimp, peeled, deviened, and cut into 1/2" pieces
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Put the olive oil and onion in a large skillet over, over medium heat and cook until the onion has turned golden brown.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add the tomatoes. Cook rapidly until most of the liquid has evaporated, but the tomatoes have not broken down completely.
- While cooking the tomatoes bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot, add 1 tbs of salt, and drop in the pasta all at once, stirring until the strands are submerged. If you have a smaller pot, you can use less than 4 quarts of water, but you must constantly stir the spaghetti for one minute.
- Add oregano, capers, and shrimp to the sauce in the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the shrimp turn pink (about 2 minutes). Once they are pink remove the skillet from the heat.
- When pasta is cooked al dente, drain it and toss it with the sauce. Serve at once.
You Should Also Read:
Basic Risotto Recipe
Pasta With Shrimp and Feta Cheese
Shrimp with Tomatoes, Lime and Parsley Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.