Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Make a Springtime Bingo Game
Using springtime stickers and cardboard you can make a bingo game that will be easy to play with young children. Or use the same concept with holiday themes, Superhero stickers, flowers, animals sticker or any other kind of stickers and have a fun game ready in minutes.
Bingo Game with Stickers
Stickers You can use any kind of stickers so long as you have multiples of each sticker.
White oak tag or hard cardboard
Colored poster board
Sticker with springtime pictures
What to do:
• Cut the oak tag(very heavy cardboard) into eight 8” x 8” squares to be used as the bingo boards
• Using the ruler and black marker make a square grid on the front of each bingo board so that you have sixteen 2” x 2” spaces
• Cut out 48 2” x 2” squares from the oak tag (very heavy cardboard)
• Put a springtime image sticker on each of the 2” oak tag squares. Be sure to put the same sticker on each of the eight bingo boards, each one in a different location.
• Continue this process with each sticker until all the boards are covered randomly.
• Cut ¾” squares out of colored poster board – these will be used as the markers (you can also decide to just use dried beans and give each child a handful of beans in a small bowl when it is time to play.
• Shake up the picture tiles in a blasting bag. Pick out one and show it to the children.
• If a player has it, they get to put a bean or ¾” square piece on that picture.
• Whenever a child gets a full row, they call out “bingo”.
Spring Is Here! (Bear and Mole Story) by Will Hillenbrand
Spring is in the air – Mole wants Bear to wake up, but he is still hibernating. Can Mole wake Bear up for spring?
When Spring Comes byKevin Henkes
What happens after winter? With the coming of spring we see baby birds, sprouting seeds, rain and mud, and puddles. You can feel it and smell it and hear it—and you can read it!
It's Spring by Susan Swan
A young child sees the changes that happen when spring comes. There are also some nature study ideas in this book.
Note: These books about spring are from my personal library.
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Launa Stout. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Launa Stout. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Launa Stout for details.
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.