Leftover ham? Easy Ham & Zucchini Bake will put that ham to good use. It is quick to put together and also uses zucchini, which is available in grocery stores year round, and also in most gardens (in excess) during late summer. Minimal ingredients, and homemade Master Baking Mix are combined to make a quick and easy casserole that the entire family will love. Fresh jalapeno peppers add zip to the casserole; a 4-ounce can of mild green chilies may be substituted, although the heat from the fresh peppers is really minimal.
This quick dish is also great for brunch, and would be a welcome change from some of those worn-out brunch casseroles that are served way too often. For a delicious vegetable side dish or vegetarian main dish, the ham can be left out; with or without the ham, this easy casserole may become one of the family’s favorite dishes.
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups diced zucchini
1 cup diced lean ham
2 jalapeno peppers, stems, pith, and seeds removed; finely chopped
3 tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes
1 cup master baking mix
1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a deep 9 x 9" (2-3 quart) baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix the eggs, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the zucchini, ham, jalapeno peppers, and onion flakes until well coated.
- Stir in the master baking mix and cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until puffed and golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 343 Calories from Fat 197
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 57% Protein 19% Carb. 24%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 22 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 206 mg
Sodium 825 mg
Total Carbohydrate 20 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 16 g
Vitamin A 46% Vitamin C 79% Calcium 0% Iron 8%