Quick Salmon and Asparagus Bake is fancy enough for company, but fast enough for a weeknight. It is easily put together in about 15 minutes, and bakes for only 20-30 minutes. The creamy sauce starts with the versatile Basic Cream Soup Mix, and it keeps the fish moist as it bakes. While salmon and asparagus are available in most places year round, the combination is reminiscent of springtime.
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound fresh salmon, cut into 6 serving pieces
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1 pound asparagus, snapped (tough parts discarded), and cut into 1" pieces
1 1/2 cups cold water
3/4 cup basic Cream Soup Mix
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Spray an 11” x 7" shallow baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the salmon pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- When browned on the underside, turn them and sprinkle the browned sides with salt and pepper.
- When the pieces are browned on both sides, squeeze the lemon juice over; transfer to the baking dish.
- Add the asparagus to the skillet, sprinkle with salt (it will help keep it green), turn the heat to high, and stir fry for a minute or two.
- Spoon the asparagus over the salmon.
- Whisk together the water and cream soup mix; add to the skillet and whisk over medium heat until thickened.
- Pour over the salmon and asparagus.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over all, then sprinkle with crumbs.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese and crumbs are lightly browned.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 332 Calories from Fat 160
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 48% Protein 33% Carb. 19%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 18 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Cholesterol 85 mg
Sodium 426 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 28 g
Vitamin A 21% Vitamin C 47% Calcium 0% Iron 7%