Books & Music
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
News & Politics
Religion & Spirituality
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
The Building Blocks of Aromatherapy
Essential Oils, The Building Blocks of Aromatherapy!
Not only are essential oils the building blocks of aromatherapy, they are also the building blocks of a truly natural perfume. So whether youíre an experienced aromatherapist or an individual experimenting with essential oils, you can create your own unique aromatherapy blend.
There are 5 primary ways that you can use essential oils:
* Directly in your bath. Thatís after youíve run your water.
* Add to a carrier oil for massage or blending
* Blend it with an un-fragranced base (body lotion, bath wash, bath salt)
* Steam inhalation
* Directly in an essential oil diffuser of oil burner
By themselves an essential oil is known to refresh your senses, relax your mind and enhance your well-being.
Your home environment is a great place to begin when creating a relaxing oil blend. Whatís the perfect way to scent a room for meditation? How about a blend with Sandalwood, Jasmine and Frankincense.
Are travel plans in your future? Try a blend of Geranium, Patchouli and Lavender. Geranium has the ability to balance your emotions which is perfect for travel anxieties. Patchouli adds harmony for your body and spirit and Lavender calms your mind.
Canít sleep at night? Lavender essential oil is one of the most coveted oils. It helps promote tranquility. Infused with deep soothing vanilla it can help promote a restful night sleep.
Want to create your own special blends? Where do you want to begin?
* Decide how you want to feel. Sensual? Awake? Relaxed?
* What essential oils speak to your senses? Take a few from your private collection. Donít have one, your local health food store has some of the basics. Begin your scentual journey and see which ones speak to you.
* Select the unscented product that fits your lifestyle. Do you want to create your own body lotion or body wash? Got more time on your hand, try making a massage oil or body scrub.
As you study the benefits of each essential oil and body care product, youíre sure to find one that will resonate with you as an individual.
Spend time with your essential oils and the blends that you create with them. What do they smell like? How do they make you feel? Make notes so that you can refer to them as you begin the building blocks of your aromatic journey.
Life Never Smelled So Sweet!
| Related Articles | Editor's Picks Articles | Top Ten Articles | Previous Features | Site Map
Content copyright © 2015 by Juliette Samuel. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Juliette Samuel. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Juliette Samuel for details.
Website copyright © 2015 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.