Even if Halloween lands on a work or school day, there’s time to prepare and serve Igor’s Eyeballs for breakfast. These festive, individual breakfasts will be a huge hit; not only do they taste good, but they are very scary. Kids and adults will love them, and since breakfast is important, everyone lucky enough to eat them will feel good all day.
Hands-on time for these Halloween breakfast treats is minimal (10 minutes or less), and the kids will love to help put them together. Packaged crisp, crumbled bacon is available on the salad aisle of most grocery stores, so if there isn’t time to chop a slice of ham (2 minutes max), use bacon; both taste equally good. Don’t try to overstuff the custard cups, the amounts are ample, and overstuffing causes the eyeballs to slide and leak out the sides; unless the Igor you know has a lazy eye, they won’t look as real. Ketchup, which has been placed in a plastic bag with a tiny hole cut in the corner, makes the eyes look bloodshot.
1 16 oz. can jumbo refrigerator biscuits (such as Grands)
1/2 cup lean ham, diced, or crisp, crumbled bacon
1/2 cup medium salsa
1/2 cup grated cheddar jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 8 ramekins or custard cups with non-stick spray.
- Press a biscuit over the bottom and up the sides of each ramekin.
- Place a tablespoon of ham or bacon in the bottom of each, pour a tablespoon of salsa over the ham or bacon, and sprinkle with a tablespoon of cheese.
- Press the cheese down so that it is even (you don't want lopsided eyeballs).
- Carefully break an egg into each cup.
- Place the cups at least an inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the yolks are almost set.
- Remove from the oven, run a knife around the outside of each eyeball, and unmold onto a plate; or serve in the ramekin.
- Place a tablespoon or two of ketchup in a small plastic bag.
- Cut a tiny hole in the corner with scissors.
- Squeeze ketchup on the white part of the eggs to resemble bloodshot eyes.
- Serve with additional salsa.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 163
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 50% Protein 16% Carb. 34%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 18 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Cholesterol 227 mg
Sodium 707 mg
Total Carbohydrate 28 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 13 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 0% Iron 12%