Christmas Day is a popular time for families to gather for brunch. Because the day is so special, it’s a given that the brunch dishes should also be special. Christmas Brunch Bread is made quickly because it starts with the versatile Master Baking Mix . Zucchini, red bell pepper strips, and green onions are added to give the bread flavor and plenty of red and green flecks which make this delicious bread festive. It will look beautiful sliced on the brunch table, or, since it’s baked in a Bundt® pan, can be wrapped and given as a gift.
The recipe may also be baked in two standard loaf pans for gift giving, as well as mini loaf pans. The only accompaniment needed is plenty of real butter. This bread goes extremely well with egg dishes and breakfast meats. And, it’s actually easy enough to make that it can be put together for breakfast anytime of the year. For a more substantial loaf, fold in a cup or two of lean diced ham – perfect with scrambled eggs.
4 cups master baking mix
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce
2 cups grated zucchini
1 bunch chopped green onion
2 red bell peppers, cut into 1" strips
2 cups grated cheddar jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 12-cup Bundt® pan liberally with non-stick spray.
- Mix the baking mix, eggs, milk, and pepper sauce.
- Stir in the zucchini, green onion, bell pepper strips, and cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool 5 minutes, then run a knife around the outside and invert onto a serving platter.
- Serve warm with plenty of real butter.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 62
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 43% Protein 13% Carb. 44%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 37 mg
Sodium 283 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 21% Calcium 0% Iron 1%