Cranberry Orange Cream Pie is a perfect dessert to serve at holiday dinners. Not only is it beautiful, it incorporates the most popular fruit flavors of the season cranberries and oranges.
This easy pie uses a homemade cream pie filling that is cooked in the microwave. Its amazing how easy this delicious filling is, especially since it takes only about 15 minutes to put together. By cooking the filling in the microwave, the possibility of scorching is eliminated, as well as a need to stand over a hot stove stirring until the mixture finally boils.
This new and different pie will be a welcome change; it will certainly become a favorite.
Cranberry Orange Cream Pie
1 9" Baked Pie Shell
2 1/2 cups Cranberry Orange Filling
1 batch Basic Cream Pie Filling
2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- Spread 1/3 of the cranberry filling over the bottom of the pie shell.
- Top with 1/2 of the cream pie filling.
- Spread 1/2 of the remaining cranberry orange filling over the cream pie filling.
- Spread the remaining cream pie filling over the cranberry filling, then drop spoonfuls of the remaining cranberry filling evenly over the pie.
- Use a knife to swirl the top layer of filling into the cream pie filling.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the pie filling.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, spread with sweetened whipped cream and cut into wedges.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 153
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 35% Protein 5% Carb. 59%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 379 mg
Total Carbohydrate 65 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 6 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 4%