The smell of gingerbread cookies baking evokes memories of Christmas and the holiday season. In fact, no Christmas cookie tray would be complete without something gingerbread flavored. Unfortunately, gingerbread men, which are the traditional gingerbread cookie, are quite time consuming due to the fact that they must be rolled out, cut with a cookie cutter, and decorated after baking. Homemade Basic Sugar Cookie Mix is a great solution, since so many cookies, including the following Gingerbread Crinkles can be made quickly with it.
Actually, these Gingerbread Crinkles can be made from start to finish in less than an hour. The quick dough is simply scooped with a tablespoon-size scoop, quickly rolled in the hands, and coated in sugar; the process takes just a few minutes, and with practice, gets even faster. A bonus is that these cookies can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to a week, or frozen for several months.
About 42 cookies
3 cups Basic Sugar Cookie Mix
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup dark molasses
1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the sugar cookie mix, ginger, cinnamon, molasses, and egg well.
- Scoop tablespoon-size balls from the dough, roll them into balls, then roll them in the sugar to coat.
- Place the balls about 2" apart on parchment-lined or greased baking sheets.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with the bottom of a glass.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven to cool.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 85 Calories from Fat 33
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 38% Protein 5% Carb. 57%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 61 mg
Total Carbohydrate 12 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 2%