Fresh Cranberries and oranges are traditional flavors for Christmas baking. They are combined in these Cranberry Orange Bars to make decadent bar cookies that are suitable for serving at a holiday buffet or for gift giving. The tart filling complements the sweet buttery crust, made from the Basic Sugar Cookie Mix which is quick and easy to make and once made, is a huge timesaver for busy bakers who love to bake cookies.
The texture of these delicious bars will remind you of classic lemon bars, except the cranberries make them great for the holidays in both color and flavor.
48 small bars
2 cups Basic Sugar Cookie Mix
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
1 teaspoon orange zest
2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9 x 13" glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crust: Mix the sugar cookie mix with the egg; press into the prepared pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown around the edges, while preparing filling.
- Filling: Mix the sugar and flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, orange juice concentrate, and orange zest if using.
- Mix well, but do not beat.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and cool thoroughly.
- Cut into bars and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 90 Calories from Fat 23
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 26% Protein 6% Carb. 69%
Nutrient Amount per Serving:
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 26 mg
Sodium 40 mg
Total Carbohydrate 15 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 3% Calcium 0% Iron 1%