Craving cookies, but dont have a lot of time? These Old Fashioned Raisin Spice Drops are extra quick, since they contain only four ingredients cake mix, applesauce, raisins, and nuts. Nothing can be easier. These cookies have a moist, cakey texture and will be reminiscent of baked-from-scratch cookies during the 50s and 60s. Believe it or not, each cookie is only 53 calories and has only 1 gram of fat, so those who are watching their weight can partake without a major guilt trip.
These old fashioned cookies go well with homemade ice cream (or any ice cream for that matter) at a backyard barbecue, weeknight dinner, or picnic. They are, in fact, a good choice for quick cookies anytime.
Since the entire batch, including clean-up can be done in 30 minutes or less, the question is, What are you waiting for?
About 5 dozen 2 1/2 cookies
1 18.25 ounce Spice Cake Mix
1 15 oz. can applesauce
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the cake mix and applesauce until smooth; stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- Scoop tablespoon-size balls of dough onto parchment-lined or greased baking sheets about 2" apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set and browned on the bottom.
- Remove from the baking sheet to cooling racks.
- Store in an airtight container with waxed paper or parchment between the layers to avoid sticking.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 53 Calories from Fat 13
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 24% Protein 5% Carb. 71%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 61 mg
Total Carbohydrate 9 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%