Democratic Presidential Candidate and Former First Lady, Hillary Rodham Clinton, who is currently a United States Senator, was born on October 26, 1947.
- " All of us have to recognize that we owe our children more than we have been giving them. "
- " Don't confuse having a career with having a life. "
- " Every nation has to either be with us, or against us. Those who harbor terrorists, or who finance them, are going to pay a price. "
- " For centuries, New York has served as the gateway for millions of people from all over the world in search of the American dream. It only makes sense that it would now serve as a gateway for the world's greatest athletes. "
- " I believe in a zone of privacy. "
- " I have met thousands and thousands of pro-choice men and women. I have never met anyone who is pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is not being pro-abortion. Being pro-choice is trusting the individual to make the right decision for herself and her family, and not entrusting that decision to anyone wearing the authority of government in any regard. "
- " I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president. "
- " I'm undaunted in my quest to amuse myself by constantly changing my hair. "
- " If I want to knock a story off the front page, I just change my hairstyle. "
- " In the aftermath of September 11, and as the 9/11 Commission report so aptly demonstrates, it is clear that our intelligence system is not working the way that it should. "
- " In the Bible it says they asked Jesus how many times you should forgive, and he said 70 times 7. Well, I want you all to know that I'm keeping a chart. "
- " In too many instances, the march to globalization has also meant the marginalization of women and girls. And that must change. "
- " Let's not leave an educational vacuum to be filled by religious extremists who go to families who have no other option and offer meals, housing and some form of education. If we are going to combat extremism then we must educate those very same children. "
- " Many of you are well enough off that the tax cuts may have helped you. We're saying that for America to get back on track, we're probably going to cut that short and not give it to you. We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good. "
- " No government can love a child, and no policy can substitute for a family's care. "
- " No matter what you think about the Iraq war, there is one thing we can all agree on for the next days - we have to salute the courage and bravery of those who are risking their lives to vote and those brave Iraqi and American soldiers fighting to protect their right to vote. "
- " One day after laying a wreath at the tomb of Martin Luther King Jr., President Bush appoints a federal judge who has built his career around dismantling Dr. King's legacy. "
- " Probably my worst quality is that I get very passionate about what I think is right. "
- " The American people are tired of liars and people who pretend to be something they're not. "
- " The American taxpayer should not be treated more shabbily than debtors from other nations and we should be encouraging other nations to help rebuild Iraq's economy. "
- " The candidates we have in this campaign are... the most accomplished, in terms of public service, that we've had since 1960. One of them will be successful. "
- " The challenge is to practice politics as the art of making what appears to be impossible, possible. "
- " The challenges of change are always hard. It is important that we begin to unpack those challenges that confront this nation and realize that we each have a role that requires us to change and become more responsible for shaping our own future. "
- " There cannot be true democracy unless women's voices are heard. "
- " There is a great deal of political pressure to only talk about abstinence, and to deny support for condoms and education on using them. This policy will lead to the unnecessary deaths of many people. "
- " Today we voted as Democrats and Republicans. Tomorrow we begin again as New Yorkers. "
- " Voting is the most precious right of every citizen, and we have a moral obligation to ensure the integrity of our voting process. "
- " We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society. "
- " What we have to do... is to find a way to celebrate our diversity and debate our differences without fracturing our communities. "
- " You show people what you're willing to fight for when you fight your friends. "
by Carl Bernstein
For Love of Politics: Bill and Hillary Clinton: The White House Years
by Sally Bedell Smith
Never miss a thing. Join Thrillist -- the daily shot of everything you need to know.
Sign up now
-- it's free and easy