Sometimes the best recipes are the ones with the fewest, simplest ingredients, and Leslie Cherrington’s Spinach & Salmon is a perfect example. While this fabulous dish has only three ingredients, it’s special enough for company, and takes about 10 minutes hands-on time to assemble. While Leslie is a very accomplished cook, she prefers to spend her free time with family and friends outdoors in the mountains where she lives. Her job requires a fair amount of travel, so when she’s home, family time is her priority. She uses her imagination to create quick and easy dishes so she doesn’t have to spend so much time in the kitchen.
Artichoke & Jalapeno Dip has been trendy for the last few years, especially with the availability of ready-made versions at warehouse and larger grocery stores. Most agree that it’s delicious, and it’s easy to sit and eat way more than is intended. This delicious salmon dish is a great way to use it, and since there are several different kinds (spinach jalapeno, spinach artichoke, artichoke Parmesan, etc.), the cook can vary the taste of the dish by choosing different variations of the dip.
1 pound fresh spinach
1 pound salmon fillet
1 cup artichoke jalapeno dip
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Press the fresh spinach into a 9 x 9" shallow casserole dish.
- Place the salmon fillet on top of the spinach.
- Spread the artichoke dip over the top and sides of the salmon.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake 10-20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon).
- Remove the foil and return to the oven for a few more minutes to finish cooking the salmon just until it is barely cooked through. Do not overcook.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 214
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 58% Protein 35% Carb. 7%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 104 mg
Sodium 606 mg
Total Carbohydrate 6 g
Dietary Fiber 3 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 33 g
Vitamin A 156% Vitamin C 53% Calcium 0% Iron 20%