Lasagna with Shrimp and Scallops Recipe
Looking for something different? Try this great pasta dish on a Friday night!
Step back and rethink your concept of lasagna. As mentioned in our Lasagne al Forno recipe, "Lasagna is not a dish, but a type of pasta." This dish combine wonderful flavors to create and elegant lasagna dish. Need something you can make ahead for company. This is it!
Lasagne Con Gamberi e Canestrelli
- 3 Tb s extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound scallops, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- freshly ground, black pepper
- Balsemella sauce
- 1 pound of lasagna
- Put the olive oil and onion in a skillet over a medium heat and cool until the onion is soft and golden.
- Add the garlic and parsley and cook for one minute.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the scallops. When they are no longer translucent, and the water has evaporated, add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and cook until the shrimp turn pink. Immediately remove from the heat. Don't over cook the shrimp.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 Tbs butter
- 4 Tbs flour
- white pepper
- Heat the milk until it just begins to bubble. Remove from heat.
- Melt butter in another sauce pan.
- Add flour and mix with a whisk until smooth.
- Let the mixture cook for 1-2 minutes, over a medium-low heat. Stir constantly make sure it does not brown.
- Add the milk a little at a time. Whisk until smooth before adding each portion of milk.
- When the consistency becomes thinner you can add the milk more rapidly. Continue until all milk is mixed into the flour and butter.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly with the whisk. When the sauce is done it will coat the whisk thickly.
- Add salt and pepper before removing from the heat.
Follow directions on How to Cook Pasta.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Lightly oil a 6 x 9" baking pan.
- Put about 1/2 cup of the balsamella sauce in the bottom.
- Mix the remainder of the balsamella sauce with the seafood.
- Line the pan with a layer of lasagna noodles.
- Spread just enough of the seafood balsamella sauce over the pasta to cover it.
- Layer the pasta and the sauce until there are several layers.
- Spread the sauce over the top of the top layer of pasta.
- Place on the upper rack of the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes. There should be a light golden crust on top.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Note: You can make the balsamella sauce the day before.
Bella Italian Food Recommends
WMF Profi-Plus 11-Inch Stainless Steel Ball Whisk
Perfect for sauces! The unique design allows you to reach all portions of the pan when whisking ingredients together. The design shortens blending or whipping time. It's stainless steel, dishwasher safe, and a breeze to clean up.
You Should Also Read:
Cioppino -- Italian Fish Stew Recipe
Pasta With Shrimp and Feta Cheese
Spaghetti with Shrimp, Tomatoes, and Capers Recipe
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Paula Laurita. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Paula Laurita. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Cinzia Aversa for details.