There are so many disgusting body parts to serve at the annual Halloween BOO-ffet, it’s hard to choose favorites. However, the following Severed Werewolf “Feet” loaves are unique and fun. Actually, they taste good too, and will appeal to meat-and-potatoes types everywhere. These “feet” loaves are easy to shape, and if there are kids around, they’ll want to help. The blood on the severed ankles is a yummy mixture of ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, and dry mustard, so chances are the ingredients are already on the pantry shelf. These “feet” loaves were very popular with the Official Hancock tasters during testing, both the kids and adults; even Mr. Picky (who insists he hates meatloaf, but has been observed devouring sizeable portions in secret) had seconds.
Pair these scary looking werewolf feet with Ghostly Potato Puffs, and any number of other yummy Halloween Dishes. If serving these “feet” loaves on the BOO-ffet table, arrange them in a round chafing dish and place a bowl of the glaze in the middle: triple or quadruple the glaze recipe, microwave it until it boils and thickens a little, and serve.
8 Servings (4 large “feet” loaves)
2 pounds ground beef
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup catsup
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
16 blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Mix the ground beef, onion soup mix, eggs, bread crumbs, and barbecue sauce.
- Remove 1 cup of the mixture and divide the remaining into four portions.
- Form each portion so it resembles a foot with an ankle.
- Press your finger to make a small indentation inside the ankle to hold the blood (don’t make it too deep or the sides will cave in)
- Divide the reserved meat mixture into 16 pieces and form them into ovals resembling toes (apparently werewolves only have four toes on each foot).
- Push four "toes" onto each foot and press an almond into each toe.
- Mix the glaze ingredients and fill the ankles with glaze, spilling some of it out to resemble blood spatter.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until the meat loaves are fully cooked through.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 370 Calories from Fat 168
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 45% Protein 34% Carb. 20%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 19 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 149 mg
Sodium 885 mg
Total Carbohydrate 19 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 32 g
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 6% Calcium 0% Iron 21%