Planning to serve a romantic dinner for Valentine’s Day, but are short on time? Filet Mignon with Lemon Crab Sauce can be made - start to finish - in less than 30 minutes, and it’s elegant enough to serve for the fanciest dinner and the most important guest. The luscious sauce starts out with the versatile Basic Cream Soup Mix, and is combined with dehydrated red and green peppers (or fresh if you have lots of time to chop them), fresh lemon, and crab.
Set the table ahead of time with your fanciest table linens and china; add candles, of course, and some romantic mood music. Your lucky guest will be duly impressed, and will have no idea how little time you spent on the meal.
Steamed green vegetables such as asparagus, broccoli, or sugar snap peas go well and add color to this meal, as well as a starch such as a baked potato or, even better, Fruited Rice Pilaf. Pick up some crusty bread from the bakery, and your meal will be almost complete. Chocolate is a must for Valentine’s Day, so visit the BellaOnline Desserts for dozens of ideas, including desserts to make ahead.
2 slices bacon
2 6-8 ounce filet mignon steaks
1 cup water
1/2 cup Basic Cream Soup Mix
1 tablespoon dehydrated red and green peppers
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1/2 pound crabmeat, picked over and chopped
- Wrap a strip of bacon around each steak and secure with a toothpick.
- Sprinkle each side liberally with lemon pepper seasoning.
- Broil or grill to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, grate the rind from the lemon into a small saucepan; cut the lemon in half and squeeze one of the halves into the pan.
- Add the water, cream soup mix, red and green peppers, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add the crab, stir, and keep warm.
- When the steaks are done, place each on a serving plate and cover with the sauce.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 776 Calories from Fat 288
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 37% Protein 44% Carb. 19%
Nutrient Amount per Serving
Total Fat 32 g
Saturated Fat 13 g
Cholesterol 235 mg
Sodium 2121 mg
Total Carbohydrate 37 g
Dietary Fiber 5 g
Sugars 4 g
Protein 85 g
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 45% Calcium 0% Iron 40%