If you have an automatic bread machine, the dough for these cute Easter Bunny Buns takes only about 10 minutes to make. After the dough is finished, shaping is almost as quick, requiring only a quick roll or pat into a rectangle, cutting in strips with a pizza cutter, and twisting. Of course you need to use your imagination, but the end result is a bunch of bunnies that will be devoured by guests at your Easter dinner.
Leftovers slice easily to make sandwiches with the leftover ham from Easter dinner. Store them in an airtight bag.
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/4 cup powdered milk
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 cups flour
1 tablespoon yeast
2 tablespoons milk
- Place the ingredients for the dough into the pan of an automatic bread machine in the order given.
- Turn the bread machine to the dough setting and start.
- Check the dough after 5 minutes to make sure the ingredients have formed a soft ball. If the ball is too soft, add a little more flour; if the ball is too stiff, add more water and start the cycle over.
- When the cycle is finished, transfer the dough to a lightly floured pastry cloth or lightly floured surface.
- Roll or pat the dough out to a 12 x 12" square.
- With a pizza cutter, cut the dough in half horizontally, then vertically into 8 strips.
- Cut a 1/2" piece off each strip.
- Stretch each strip, bring the ends together, and twist once.
- Lay each twist on a parchment-lined or greased baking sheet; pinch the ends to resemble ears.
- Roll the 1/2" pieces into balls.
- Spread each bunny with the glaze mixture, and place the balls at the fold to resemble tails; brush again with the glaze.
- Cover the bunnies loosely with a towel; let the bunnies rise till double.
- While they're rising, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned; serve hot with lots of real butter
Glaze: Beat the egg and milk until smooth.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 29
Percent Total Calories From: Fat 18% Protein 12% Carb. 70%
Nutrient Amount per
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 33 mg
Sodium 260 mg
Total Carbohydrate 27 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 5 g
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%